.africa | .joburg | .durban | .capetown
In 2014 the three geographic Top Level Domains (gTLDs), namely .capetown, .durban and .joburg were launched and on 04 July 2017 dotAfrica (.africa) was added.
It is common knowledge that within the gTLD domain name space, only ICANN accredited registrars may provision domain names to its end users. Sometimes, the cost and integration issues may act as prohibitive factors for non-ICANN accredited registrars to pursue ICANN accreditation. AF Proxy Services therefore creates an easily accessible platform that allows non-ICANN accredited registrars and other persons (natural or juristic) to provision .africa domain names.
The Onboarding Process refers to the steps that a Reseller must follow to make use of the AF Proxy Services and is set out below for ease of reference.
How to become a reseller on the AF Proxy Platform:
Then click on “Register”
After registering, your application will be reviewed by the AF Proxy legal team
You will receive an email to confirm your reseller status
You are now a reseller on the AF Proxy Platform and can start buying and selling domains
How to transact on the AF Proxy Platform:
RESOURCES AND DOCUMENTATION
AF Proxy Services Ltd provides the following resources to Resellers which must be read and adhered to for so long as the reseller is actively provisioning the four gTLDs.
- Registrar Registrant Agreement: Mandatory terms which must be adhered to by the Registrant
- Reseller Agreement: Agreement between the Reseller and AF Proxy Services Ltd
- Registrant Rights and Responsibilities: A summary of terms related to Registrants Rights and Responsibilities as per ICANN’s Registrar Accreditation Agreement
- Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy: This governs management of Domain Name Disputes in the domain space
- Registrar Transfer Dispute Resolution Policy: This governs Inter Registrar Domain Name Transfer issues
- Published Policies and Procedures: These are the terms and conditions stipulated by the Registry, which must be adhered to by Registrars, Resellers and Registrants equally